We are looking to hire Painters.
The role of Painter is to perform surface preparation and cover fabricated components with the appropriate coating.
- Knowledge of procedures used in preparing surfaces for painting.
- Knowledge of methods, occupational hazards, and safety precautions involved in general painting work.
- Use and care of hand tools, power tools, and paint application equipment.
- Coordinate with staff and other trades for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
- Observe and learn.
- Assist other painters where needed.
- Make sure that proper materials are used for jobs.
- Paint according to spec; following correct preparation and application procedures.
- Work in a safe manner and observe all safety regulations, including wearing a mask, gloves, safety goggles and a hard hat.
- Clean working area and equipment to maintain safety standards.
- Report any unsafe conditions or concerns to Supervisors.
- Report anything that requires repair to Supervisors.
Experience & Education:
- Applicable experience and education an asset.
1. Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time
2. Education: Minimum of secondary school
3. Experience: At least 6 years of experience (around 9000 hours) as per AIT.
4. English skills: Moderate level of English required (suggested level IELTS 5+)
5. The average wage: TBA with the work schedule of 40-44 hours per week.
6. These positions are available in Edmonton and across Alberta