Role Purpose / Position Summary
Responsible for safe, secure, and accurate packaging of customer orders.
- Pack customer orders efficiently, ensuring the correct number and type of product is loaded and shipped
- Verify that the entire order picked matches the packing slip.
- Transport orders to shipping locations utilizing manual material handling equipment
- Repack and weigh orders that require special handling
- Select applicable packaging (box/container) for the order. Insert applicable packaging material, construct and seal once completed. Affix packaging label to the outside of the package.
- Assist in physical inventories
- Maintain a clean, neat orderly and safe work area
Perform additional duties as assigned by management staff
- Ability to work a specified shift for set wages
- Ability to follow work procedures and safety rules
- Ability to perform simple math calculations
- Ability to identify and locate product which requires reading, counting, and printing
- Ability to operate various manual material handling equipment
- Ability to read, understand, and follow directions/instructions
- Ability to identify different written forms, box labels etc.
- Ability to write information clearly onto forms and log sheets.
Have appropriate eye, hand and foot coordination to properly execute position.