The role of a B Pressure Welder is to perform fabrication of pressure equipment such as vessels and piping in a manner that is consistent with our Welding Procedure Specification (WPS) and Quality Control Manual
- To weld pressure equipment (pressure vessels and piping) in accordance with the respective ASME codes, our Welding Procedure Specification (WPS), and Quality Control Manual.
- To perform their duties in a manner that is in accordance with our safety program.
- To weld pressure components.
- To follow all of our welding procedures.
- All pressure welders are expected to be able to weld on pressure vessels and pressure piping.
- Able to read and follow fabrication drawings.
- Inform supervisor or Q.C. Department of any problems which may arise. (Material, quality, print discrepancy etc.)
- Work in a safe manner ensuring the safety of persons in the general area.
Experience & Education:
- B Pressure Welding Ticket
- Ability to weld any of the following processes:
1. Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time
2. Education: Minimum of secondary school
3. Experience: At least 6 years of experience (around 9000 hours) as per AIT.
4. English skills: Moderate level of English required (suggested level IELTS 5+)
5. The average wage: TBA with the work schedule of 40-44 hours per week.
6. These positions are available in Edmonton and across Alberta